Advice please

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all, I have just drained about 2 buckets out of the drain point on the pressure gauge on a Worcester 12/14 oil boiler in order to replace a faulty air release valve. My question is what percentage of the total heating system water was this. The house is a new 3 bed semi with 7/8 radiators. Should I now be adding some inhibitor? What method is best to add inhibitor to a sealed system such as this, any filling tools recommended? Thanks all.

Sponsored Links
It might contain about 20 gallons in total.

Or 100litres if you prefer.

Top it up with the same inhibitor that was used before. You want the stuff in tubes that can be injected.

What colour was the water you took out?

A pressure gauge indicates this is a sealed system, if it is a combi add another 80 litres to the volume for the store.

If you had collected the water you could have pushed it back in using a 5 litre insecticide sprayer with 1/2 BSP adaptors to screw onto the filling loop. Inhibitor goes in likewise.

any particuliar make oilman? cos i can see a couple of other uses. fill it up with a customers duff coffee, and chase them around the garden . or clear oil lines insted of my trusty footpump. :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
wilhelm said:
any particuliar make oilman? cos i can see a couple of other uses. fill it up with a customers duff coffee, and chase them around the garden . or clear oil lines insted of my trusty footpump. :rolleyes:

:D :D :D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back