AEG 64810 bearing change

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hello,

Am tearing hair out here ! trying to change bearing on AEG 64810 washer. have got it in bits and taken drum assembly out of machine but can't see how to remove the stainless inner drum from the plastic outer drum to remove the bearing, it appears to have been plastic welded around the stainless drum during manufacture. Does this mean its impossible to change? I was able to buy a replacement bearing and seal kit easily enough and a lot of the forums talk about it being a bit of a task so surely its doable?

any help would be gratefully received. javascript:emoticon(':confused:')

Sponsored Links
Some of this series were made with a welded plastic tub in which case you have to buy the whole thing :cry: If you are lucky the tub halves are bolted together...do you see any bolts?

Sponsored Links
Ah, that answers it then, the tub is welded. There are absolutely no bolts to split the tub.

At least I won't have to worry about putting it back together :0) . Looks like a new machine for the missus, could have done without that before chrimbo!

Although hmm,. it could double as a christmas present, might get away with it?!!

Thanks Zipper, great help. Any idea of the cost of a new drum just out of interest? have looked online and they seem to be discontinued on a few of the parts sites (I wonder why?)

Thanks again

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back