AEG Competence oven Model 3032 B-W

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

Is anyone familiar with this under-worktop oven? I need to pull it out to get at fixings of hob inset in worktop above.

There are just two woodscrews, one each at top left and right of oven frame. With these removed it doesn't budge but could it just be a tight fit? Don't want to part remove it then be unable to put it back.

Should I first remove door, or can this be used to pull it out enough to get at clips securing hob?

Any advice welcome!

Read more: //www.diynot.com/diy/forums/appliances/create-thread#ixzz3mm8ZXsya

Attachments

• AEG Oven.jpg
    AEG Oven.jpg
    193 KB · Views: 2,790
Sponsored Links
Double check for fixing screws, some do have 4 rather than two, also check that the appliance is not fixed on to the underside of the worktop, it would be unusual but worth a look. If there are no additional fixing, then make sure you have electrically isolated the appliance, then it is time to get the elbow grease out.

elbow_grease_poster.jpg

Spent ages looking for any other fixings but only the two mentioned found. The hob is in worktop above the oven so it can't have any fixings attached to worktop (oven is about 4 inches below top). Both are electrically isolated with a single wall switch.
I'm well past the elbow grease stage, too elderly to cope with it own my own, and if my son in law isn't able to shift it, is it a job for an electrician or a kitchen installer? Curry's will 'remove old hob and replace with new one purchased from them for additional £90' but they aren't likely to include removing/replacing oven in that price.
It would be helpful if someone reading this knows how this model oven is actually fitted/removed. Just two screws doesn't seem right but they are all that's visible.

Sponsored Links
I have postponed (and hopefully abandoned need for) plan A - to replace the hob myself, or plan B - to get a supplier/installer to expensivelly replace hob.
Plan C (just discovered - good old Google) is to purchase for the grand sum of £7, a cartridge of heatproof (up to 1250C) cement to neatly fill the numerous small gaps in crumbling material between metal hob plates and their rim seatings. A prior wirebrush cleanout should provide a good key. All plates are in full working order, and this simple DIY job, if carefully done, seems well worth trying before having to fall back on either A or B.
Thanks anyway for advice given.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back