Aeg electrolux washing machine not filling, please help?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Can anyone help? I have a two year old Aeg washing machine, I put a wash load in and when I went to get the load out it seemed to be stuck on the remaining minute. When I checked inside, the washing had not washed at all but the display seemed to have gone through the wash as usual. When you turn on to wash it makes the usual sound except it does not start to fill with water. There are no error codes. Have checked the hoses and filters.

Help!

Sponsored Links
Try running diagnostics & see which error code is displayed. There are several facia versions for this pnc number but in general it goes like this; Switch the washer off. Press and hold down start/pause button and the nearest option button. While holding down both buttons turn the program selector 1 position clockwise. Wait a few seconds until the led's flash then release the buttons. Turn the program selector slowly clockwise to position 10. It should now show an error code, post that here. To exit diagnostics turn the machine off-on-then off again. If you can't figure it out post a good photo of the control panel.

Sponsored Links
E3# error codes are usually associated with the pressure system,

Turn off the machine and remove the pipes to the pressure switches and blow down the pipes (they should blow clear and fairly easy into the drum.
Blow gently into the pressure switches and listen for several clicks
Check the pipes from the switches to the pressure chamber are fitted correctly and not holed.
Remove the wires on the switches one at a time and re fit them
Re assemble and try again

Thankyou, my husband had tried that yesterday. It seemed the machine was stuck trying to empy, When he blew on the pipe it was clear but when he sucked the solenoid it moved onto the next part of the cycle it and emptied. We were able to start the machine and at first it seemed normal but it then filled up with quite alot water till it was turned off. Is it likely that him doing this would bring the E31 code up? Would I need to clear that code to see if there is another fault? Thank you so much for your time.

you have two pressure switches on this machine, I believe E31 is due to them both reading different levels

ie one stuck on full the other on empty

did you check the hoses for pin holes (the air pressure escapes so the machine does not know how full it is) typically where the pipe goes over the spigot on the switch or near the pressure chamber, sometimes very difficult to find.

Thanks for the help guys.
We ordered a new pressure switch on the internet, took five minutes to fit and the machine is now working perfectly.

Flashnazia, sorry for the late reply, I hadn't realised you had posted till I came on to post my update;

Hope you get your problem sorted, the pressure switch that arrived was slightly different to the original on so it made me wonder if this is a common fault and there had been an upgrade on the part?

So glad to hear your machine is working.

Did you order the analogue pressure switch (black one) or the white one?

I hope you don't mind me asking about the cost?

Thanks in advance.

Hi

We only have one switch on this machine; a black one with a circuit board. This switch seems to control both filling and emptying. It was £30 including carriage.
The one that came was blue and bigger.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back