AEG F34502V10 overflowing (fixed)

S

SplanK

Evening,

My built AEG F34502V10 built in dishwasher is giving me a bit of grief. It is still in its 2 year warranty and I intend to call AEG tomorrow but thought if its something reasonable simple to solve, it will save them a wasted trip and get the wife of my back for having a faulty dishwasher over crimbo!

At the weekend, I decided it was a good idea to give the dishwasher filter a clean out, and have the inside a bit a bit of a wipe over.

Put the lot back together and ran it through a rinse wash. All seemed fine until it stopped suddenly with a single beep repeated between pauses.

Opened the door to find that it was still full of water. Odd. Closing the door started a filling action again. I cancelled the program and re-ran it from the start. Water was pumped out fine and started the cycle again. Again after a short while it emitted a single beep. This time I opened the door, closed it and let it refill to see what would happen..... yep, overflowed and triggered the flood sensor! Water started to drain out straight away with no apparent problem.

Removed the front access panel and dried out the flood tray, checked the filter inside the unit and any apparent blockages in the sump (what I presume is a sump) area. Nothing.

I tried again, but this time on a normal 65c wash. It completed to the end, no more overflow, no more beeps. It worked for a few times but now back to its old tricks of single beep repeated. I was at work at the time so instructed the wife to cancel the cycle and let it drain the sump.

I got home, checked it over again then re-ran the normal 65c cycle. This time it appeared to be running fine, however I noticed water filling the flood tray as well as leaking from the front door area. Immediately cancelled the program and started a drain.

Any ideas?

PNC No is 911 539 114 01

Ta!

Sponsored Links
Quick update:
Just taken the drain pipe off at the drain side (not pump). No blockage found at that end. Put a bit of water in and allowed the unit to drain into a tub.... no apparent issues there!

Just a quick update to complete the thread. Repair guy came out (still under warranty) and replaced a water level sensor which was gunked up, and also a 'u bend trap' modification to the sump which should prevent the issue occurring again.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back