AEG Induction Hob - Cable Type

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello - we have just bought an AEG Induction Hob model 68001KF-N and in the Instruction Manual it says that we need to buy a cable type: H05BB-F - and after several hours trawling on the internet we are no nearer finding exactly what this cable is and where we can buy it.

We think we need a 6mm sq rubber insulated flexible cable for 32 amp - or possibly a 10mm sq - but we cannot find any supplier that specifically lists a cable which meets this description.

Can anyone help/advsie please :eek:)

Sponsored Links
Sorry - I don't know what BB means. We are just looking for soemone to advise us on what cable type we need to install the AEG Induction Hob to the mains supply. All the details are in our original posting.

We look forward to hearing of where we can buy the correct sort of cable.

Can the person who supplied you with the hob not supply it?

Sponsored Links
MOst sparks would not have read the manual, and would have used standard T+E!

I have some 3 core silicon 4mm floating around that we use for saunas. Also have some heat resist rubber 6mm left over from a radiant heater install. Both where next day from my wholesaler.

I have a similar problem. Have just bought an AEG induction hob (68002 KF-N) rated at 7.2kw with the same reference to the mystery H05BB-F cable type in the manual.

To cut a very long story short and after a phone call to an extremely unhelpful AEG customer services rep, I found this:

http://www.tlc-direct.co.uk/Products/CA4TQ3slash50.html

I will be connecting the hob to terminal outlet box wired to a CCU at the end of 6.00mm cable connected to a 32A fuse in the consumer unit.

Can anyone advise me if I have indeed found a suitable cable?

Isnt it just another spec for HOFR cable. A rubberised sheath which is Oil and heat resistant, something with same properties as butyl?

Thanks for that although I think the spec of this cable is slightly closer to the one I've found:

http://www.batt.co.uk/products/index.asp?area=2&p1=9&p2=12&p3=220

To flesh my original posting out a bit... AEG customer services will not recommend a cable type because they say the hob should be installed by a qualified electrician and any qualified electrician will know exactly which cable to get and where to get it if you give them the spec of the hob and tell them it's cable type H05BB-F.

Calling all qualified electricians... ???

I'm not a qualified electrician but do feel qualified to follow a wiring diagram to safely connect a cable from point A to point B having satisfied myself that both A and B are up to spec.

So... due to AEG's unhelpfulness in the name of safety, I'm having to play guesswork about which cable to use. How crazy is that?!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back