aeg induction hob wiring

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
the cable has four wires,blue,brown,yellow/green and a black one. What is this fourth black wire for?

Sponsored Links
thank you. I wouldny need to ask if the instructions gave an explanation.

sparkys don't jump on me but I think you will find 4 wirers are for 3 phase systems used abroad
there should be some copper u shaped links that you fit to convert from 400v to 230v and the 4 wire is replaced with a 3 wire
u definatley need manual try googel AEG

Sponsored Links
markthebuilder said:
sparkys don't jump on me but I think you will find 4 wirers are for 3 phase systems used abroad
there should be some copper u shaped links that you fit to convert from 400v to 230v and the 4 wire is replaced with a 3 wire
u definatley need manual try googel AEG

Not quite. Yellow/Green will be an earth, of course.

The hob is probably two-phase, not 3.

Blue will be the neutral, Brown live, and probably black for live too. But you really do need to confirm this somewhere. Perhaps ring AEG?

well, just in case anyone else has the query...AEG say its "probably" a double live, but there should be a sticker at the back of the hob itself confirming. Not somewhere I immediately looked!

sorry if i came across wrong.

The sparks has wired up just the brown to live and the hob dose not work.
He has taped up the black.

Getting no help from electrolux at all.

Many thanks for your help.

Regards FRED

At Last i managed to get through to some one that could help at electrolux.

Yes both the black and the brown go to power.

Either by means of a loop or connect both to power in the terminal box.

Any way a result.

Thanks to every one for there effort.

Anything i can help with as a joiner let me know.

Regards FRED

I am new to using forums so please bear with me. We have an AEG induction hob 68001KF-N. We have, after finding help on another forum found the right cable (one was not supplied) and we now have the information thanks to the last post about which wire is which - now can anyone help with which wire goes to which terminal? There are five terminals; one, two, three is a blank and the fourth and fifth are bridged - which wire goes to which termial?

Please help christmas dinner hangs in the balance! - my electrican says he doesnt know the answer and my husband is out on his works christmas do. Mnay thanks in anticipation!

Joanna.

I am new to using forums so please bear with me. We have an AEG induction hob 68001KF-N. We have, after finding help on another forum found the right cable (one was not supplied) and we now have the information thanks to the last post about which wire is which - now can anyone help with which wire goes to which terminal? There are five terminals; one, two, three is a blank and the fourth and fifth are bridged - which wire goes to which termial?

You really need to speak directly to AEG, although it does surprise me that they don't put this sort of information in the instructions. If all else fails, my guess would be that the two linked terminals [4 & 5] are Line, and then the remaining two are neutral and earth. You will be able to work out which one is earth by using a multimeter to perform a continuity test between the terminals and the metal casing of the appliance. If you find a very low reading between a terminal and the metal case (0.1-0.2 Ohms is likely) then this will almost certainly be the earth connection.

Of course, getting it wrong could damage the appliance or, even worse, give someone an electric shock. If in any doubt then you should consult the manufacturer or a qualified electrician familiar with your particular appliance.

Thanks for your reply. I did try to speak to AEG who seemed rather reluctant to help - the assistant i spoke to said any qualified electrician should know , which two of we have tried don't! (they have otherwise been excellent) She said the terminals were labelled which they clearly are not. When presented with this information she simply said i should get my electrician to call!!

Very frustrating but hopefully your information will help. I'll pass it on to our electrician and see!

Just don't buy an AEG induction hob! nightmare. Guess i will have to microwave the sprouts! :D

Thanks - I am going to try and call again - well actually i am going to get my hungover husband to ring, might be more convincing!!! ;) Failing that i'll take a photo and ask for your help! Fingers crossed.

Cheers

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back