AEG Oki 5040 Dishwasher

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys,

We have had an AEG dishwasher for the last 4 years which has been working perfectly. Last night, we put the dishwasher on just before going to bed. At about 4am we woke to hear the dishwasher still wirring around.
My wife went down to investigate and found that the program dial was stuck between pre-rinse and main cycle. suspecting a fault she turned the dishwasher off using the button on the front. The power light on the front of the unit went off, but a pump can still bge heared pumping away.

My wife woke me up to have a look and the only way to stop the pump was to move the dishwasher out and switch it off at the plug. We both thenwent back to bed.

I have looked at the dishwasher and played with the dial on the front. The dial still moves on its own automatically but this pump is running constantly. As the dial passes through its stages various noises can be heard but the washer is not filling with water. At one stage through the cycle the little drawer that holds the washing tablet opens but nothing else seems to happen.

any ideas ?

Regards

Richard Walters

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back