aerated water from tap

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I bought a couple of mixer taps from B&Q recently. These are the ones in question:

http://www.diy.com/diy/jsp/bq/nav.jsp?isSearch=true&isYmal=true&fh_search=0000003644140

Now when I turn these taps on, the water comes out in a solid stream. I have the worst 20 year old french combi boiler known to humanity, and the flow is crap. I would therefore like to have the water come out aerated so that this is not as noticable, and also because I think it's nicer to have the water come out aerated with bubbles in it. Is like staying in a posh hotel or something (I am easily amused).

So is there anything I can do in order to aerate the water coming out the tap? B&Q don't seem to sell anything, and I'm not sure what to do!

Any advice appreciated. :)

Sponsored Links
Only £289.00 :eek:

Only?

have a look up the spout and see if there is a screw-in gauze or anything. If so, you could unscrew it and post measurements and a photo in case it is a common size.

I have a different sort of tap, and there is a screw-in diffuser

Only £289.00 :eek:

Only?

have a look up the spout and see if there is a screw-in gauze or anything. If so, you could unscrew it and post measurements and a photo in case it is a common size.

I have a different sort of tap, and there is a screw-in diffuser

Thankfully I bought the mixer taps ans shower when it was all on sale, so I paid less than half what they are charging now. I agree, that is a ridiculous price.

I will take some pictures when I get home tonight and post them up. I am pretty sure that there is no thread for a screw-in diffuser unfortunately.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back