After hive installation the feed pump is on forever

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi all,

Our boiler is Potterton Prima F, with EP3002 programmer.

I replaced the programmer and thermostat with hive (http://www.johnlewis.com/hive-active-heating-hot-water-with-self-installation/p2965185)

After the installation the system is working but the feed pump is always on and also the radiators in the bath are always hot.

Near the hot water cyclinder we have one pump (this is the one I have issue with) and two eletric values.

Bath radiators should turn on only when the water heating is on or when central heating is on, but now they are hot all the time and the pump is on all the time and also I noticed the boiler is fireups intermittently I suspect to heat up the bath raditators.

But the hot water and central heating turns on/off as per the hive schedule and works normally.

Any ideas, what's wrong?

Sponsored Links
Original Programmer Wiring
IMAG0851.jpg

Hive Controller Wiring
IMAG0855.jpg

Maybe sticking zone valve, was it immediate after install?. Have you got a wiring centre or is it all thrown in behind there?

wiring centre is near the hot water cyclinder.

btw with regards to the old thermostat wire, I connected the red and yellow together and blue one just taped it and pushed into the wall.

I read on few thread that this cable at thermostat is obsolete, doe this mean I shouldn't connect the red and yellow?

Sponsored Links
wiring centre is near the hot water cyclinder.

btw with regards to the old thermostat wire, I connected the red and yellow together and blue one just taped it and pushed into the wall.

I read on few thread that this cable at thermostat is obsolete, doe this mean I shouldn't connect the red and yellow?

You shouldn't do that, it needs linking in the wiring centre and any neutral made safe. You need to find the switch live from prog to room stat. Link that out. Use live from prog to brown on the CH valve. Your HIVE wiring looks a mess. Number 2 terminal is not used, are these wires live or dead? As said was this an issue before? C and D on the old wiring are not used, so should not be used on the new HIVE.

The wires in terminals 1 and 2 shouldn't be there they need to go into separate connector blocks.
You were right to join the red and yellow wires at the old room stat position.

gas2air and johnmdc

I read ur comments after I fixed the issue, yes you are right about the terminal 1&2.

They are now separated.

I fitted back the old thermostat but fixed to the back side of the wall with Max temperature. And it's original position fitted the new hive thermostat.

Thanks all.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back