Air bricks in dwarf wall?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Building a 600mm dwarf wall ready for conservatory, do I need to include air bricks in the construction?
I am getting conflicting advice so any help would be much appreciated!
Thanks

Sponsored Links
Yes if you have a suspended floor in your conservatory...

If you have a concrete floor, but suspended floors in your house, you should connect air bricks in the new wall to air bricks in the existing wall via a pipe under the slab.

No building wall onto concrete bed so it sounds like I dont need airbricks.
I was told that without airbricks the conservatory might suffer with condensation?
Thanks anyway!

Sponsored Links
Bit of thread confusion here, are you saying you want air bricks for the dwarf wall above the slab but beneath the glazing or are there gonna be a few air bricks to the void under the floor of the main house being blocked up by the new conservatory floor?

No building wall onto concrete bed so it sounds like I dont need airbricks.
I was told that without airbricks the conservatory might suffer with condensation?
Thanks anyway!

Ronny's remark about suspended floors in your house should still be noted. Presuming your build will be against the house, it will block any airbricks that might be there, these need piping under the concrete floor. see my previous answer (click the link and scroll down halfway for clarity)

The conservatory should have trickle vents in all the window frames. conservatories can get damp in the winter. Removing all sources of moisture and some background heating plus the window vents should alleviate this.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back