air con re gass

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I need to regas mine (its a vauxhall Omega) is it a big job?

=================================
please note forum rule 20
your post has been split

Sponsored Links
You regass it yourself? Are you a refrigeration engineer? Do you have a license to handle refrigerant?

Some say air con needs regassing every 2 years or so, and the filter / dryer needs changing.

Its not a big job for someone with the tools required for the job. Cost maybe £100.

No I'm none of these and I dont think I would be able to do the job anyway, I wouldn't know where to start. I will ge tit done at a garage - Ive been quoted £88 so I'm happy with that.

Thanks for your input.

Austin.

thanks to the mods my post makes no sense. My queries were aimed at the original original poster in the original thread this was taken from, who seemed to think that regassing air con was a DIY job.

I believe you can get "top-up" kits, but these are no good if the air con system has other problems, which a professional will pick out. They are also unsuitable for many cars, as some have the filling hole on the suction side, some are on the discharge side.

Sponsored Links
i would shop around for that, i had my galaxy done for £45+vat. small garages are best to go to, look in you yellow pages.

Back