Air in central heating system.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Moved into house in summer, since putting the heating on we've noticed a few problems...

Boiler clicking (mostly when turning off) - possibly tracked this down to room thermostat - when disconnected the clicking stops, and read something on net about current leakage in thermostat causing boiler to get confused. Have a new DT90E on order to replace our 6360 and will see if it solves it.

But another issue is air in the system, i can vent some off (in one radiator in particular and the bleed valve) every day and you can hear it in the pump. System has been drained, refilled, bled and balanced.

I have checked the f&e tank, its full and the stop cock is working. I will check tomorrow if i can light the gas? (meaning nitrogen, therefore corrosion?).

I have a feeling the system is/was pretty crappily installed, i've included some photos of my airing cupboard setup, anything obvious that might be causing me problems??

Thanks in advance!

IMAG0031.jpg

IMAG0032.jpg

IMAG0033.jpg

IMAG0034.jpg

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back