Air in hot water cylinder

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I drained the central heating system to change a radiator and pump. Refilled ok and all radiators bled and also water pump.

I appear to have trapped air in the hot water cylinder (not cylinder to tap) but in the heater coil. I can see what looks like a bleed valve which is located on the end of a pipe running from the coil from the hot water cyclinder (pipe running vertically with a screw end). Is this a bleed valve - trouble is, I can't unscew it as it appears to be well and truely stuck. Broke several flat head screw drivers trying to open it (if it is the bleed valve).

Any suggestions - is there any other way of getting the air out of the hot water heater coil ?

P.S. all radiators okay but since turning pump up, need all bleeding again.

Sponsored Links
try a pair of pliers on the bleed screw if possible.
another try would be to put hot water only on, turn boiler stat right down or off and the pump might push the air through.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back