AIr in hot water system

Sponsored Links
guys, should i be having one of those fitted to my cylinder @ the top?
Funny20Animation20311.gif

Sponsored Links
kevplumb.... where is it then? and what is the point of one of these items that goes in the top of the cylinder?

and seco services said to run the pump off the surrey flange?? what is that compared to the top of the cylinder??

if you pull the hw off the top / vent it will draw the vent dry then pull air in

a surrey flange draws from within the cylinder and not the vent :idea:

the air will be in the pipework and as soon as you use the pump it will be replaced with more :idea:

right, so i need one of those things you put a picutre of and place that at the top of the cylinder, yes?

then hopefully it will only pull in water and this will push all the air out of the system?

kevplumb.... where is it then? and what is the point of one of these items that goes in the top of the cylinder?

There is oxygen dissolved in the cold water. When the water is heated, the air comes out of solution and escapes from the open vent at the top of the cylinder. If the shower pump is running, it sucks in the air bubbles and they collect in the pump casing until it airlocks. All the flanges take the shower water from within the cylinder, away from the air bubbles that are funnelled to the open vent.

Read the pump installation instructions and see where yours deviates from the recommendations.A typical example here;
http://www.tlc-direct.co.uk/Technical/DataSheets/ShowerPumps/80TX121TX150TX.pdf

Vent air from the pump with the pump turned off. There is something going on, besides the lack of a Surrey/Essex/Warix flange, if it used to work.

Hot water should be stored at 60degC, but the clamp-on thermostat settings are unreliable. Check with a thermometer.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back