Air in radiator-pump noise-lots of water from outlet pipe?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Like everyone else i need some help.

I have a gas heating NOT combi. There is a hot water tank and in the loft a tank to fill the heating system i believe.

A year ago my heating pump died and plumber changed the head only and it was making noise, i flushed the system and also used system restorer. A year later Grundfos pump died and i replaced the head myself with another Grundfos pump. I can hear air in the pump and noticed one radiator needs bleeding often. I bleed all radiators and from the pipes by the hot water tank no change.

The main problem i have now is i noticed a pipe which it comes from somewhere from the water tank cabinet and goes outside in front of house. I think its an outlet pipe. There seems to be excessive water coming from it as my wall is always wet now.

Any idea what the problem is? I hope i was clear enough and given all necessary details. IF you need any further please ask

Many thanks

Sponsored Links
If your system is open vented then the only pipe that should have an open end and go to outside would be an overflow from the roof tank.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back