air in radiators but no pressure drop

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've recently had a new combi boiler fitted and a power flush plus 4 trvs fitted. There have been several problems since. Several of my radiators are filling with air on a regular basis and are therefore cold. It has been suggested that I have a leak on the system but my question is - wouldn't the pressure in the boiler drop if this were the case? The pressure is staying steady until the radiators are bled.

Sponsored Links
Hi Noisy
I have a similar problem see my post "should I have to bleed my radiators".
Talking with the lads at work a couple have said that after they got a new boiler they had to bleed the radiators a few times before they settled down.
As you can see from my post I got in touch with my plumber and he insists I can't have a leak because the pressure is only going down when I bleed the radiators.
This is first time I have had CH so can't help more sorry. All new to me and a mystery!!!
G.

I can also say that when our boiler was first installed the rads required bleeding quite often for about three weeks, all has settled down now.
The higher rads in particular collected the air.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back