air in system

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi i work in a small hotel and a few weeks ago we startrd to get air coming out of hot water taps in the kitchen ( nowhere else) .thought it was the boilers so turned them down and no difference...in the hot water tanks downstairs i can hear gurgling and water running through the pipes.. when i turn the pump up to no. 3 (full) the gurgling gets worse..when i turn it down to 1 (low) there is no gurgling but still air coming out of taps....it only lasts for about 10 to 20 seconds .i found a valve that i could drain from(next to hot water tanks) loosened it of and got drowned lol.... but no air came out......also in the cold water tanks there is air coming back up the flow pipe to the tanks .....causing them to overflow ................any ideas please and thanks for any response.....simon

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back