Air lock - new built house. 4/7 radiators cold. please help.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there I would really appreciate any help.

Ok I have moved into new built. Set temp control high to make heating come on so I could heating worked. Only bathroom. And kitchen dads work boiling hot too. Pressure on boiler (vital aqua varm hydraulic interface unit??) Is 1.3 cold. Hot water boiling hot etc. But all radiators from kitchen onwards are freezing. Now I no nothing but I bleed rads some had serious amounts of air. Then I pressurised boiler as dropped to under 1 and turned on. Still cold rads. Then I saw YouTube video saying to check rad valves where open anti clockwise. None were except ones already working. So opened them. Turned heating on again left for about hour still cold. I then checked the visible pipes running to from rads etc hot as far as second rad that works but everything after that is cold.....? I can see where pipes go from one rad through wall to next one in line so why after hot rad is pip cold coming out to next and all following rads after hot one are empty of water...well I think they are as took bleed valve completely out and nothing.

I'm waiting for the maintenance people who fitted to come well whenever they get round to me as I called Friday. The house is getting quite cold and wondered if anyone could suggest something Hubby could try to get it going?

Sponsored Links
turn off all the hot ones. If that makes flow go to some of the others, turn of the ones that are now hot. Repeat until all rads have been hot. Then read "radiator balancing" in FAQs

BTW I would have expected rads in a new build to have Thermostatic Radiator Valves. Do they?

Thank you for reply yes they do have thermo valves. X I have to set temp high to get rads to come on as they only work if temp I set is higher than the rads read room as x

Sponsored Links
Ok so after turning off all hot ones the pressure went down to 1. So ive put pressure up tp 1.5 again. One prev cold rad is now hot on top but cold at bottom? Getting constant slow stream of air when I bleed it.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back