Air Pressure Switch

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I
hi all

I have a Keston 80 and have had problems with the burner igniting only briefly before cutting out, and going through the whole start sequence again and again, never remaining lit for more than a few seconds. i have discovered that if i remove one of the air hoses to the APS, it works fine.

i removed the APS, but it appears to be working in that the diaphragm locks out if you suck/blow through the air pipes. Any idea why this is happening? Also, will I blow myself up if I run the boiler temporarily with one of the hoses detached? Its cold, and I prob won't be able to get anew APS till Monday (assuming I need to get one).

Cheers

BTW, boiler is in the basement and we sleep three floors up, so not too worried about CO poisoning till I get the new switch. Anything else I am risking here though??

Sponsored Links
i have discovered that if i remove one of the air hoses to the APS, it works fine.

How did you discover that then... ;) What made you go to the APS?

You seem to know what it is? What, in your investigation drove you to the conclusion that the fault lay there ?

Sponsored Links
i have discovered that if i remove one of the air hoses to the APS, it works fine.
:eek: :eek:

BTW, boiler is in the basement and we sleep three floors up, so not too worried about CO poisoning till I get the new switch.

Arrogrant carbon monoxide may have been seeping through the cavities in every floor you have for weeks before you feel the effects.

Any thing else I am risking here though??

Only your life and every person you care about, :rolleyes: :!:

Can't really be bothered to respond to bamber, however to simplify my query:

What exactly does the APS do, and what is the danger of not having it working? The boiler is not on when anyone is asleep. There is nobody within three floors of the boiler. I think it is unlikely that I will die of CO poisoning over the course of tomorrow when the heating is on. I hope to replace the APS on Monday.

If, as I say above, the APS is blocking the airflow to the intake, as seems to be the case (given that everything works fine if it is disconnected), is it faulty, and should I just buy a new one?

Cheers. If I don't get back to you, its coz I have died inhaling noxious gases.....

---------

Childish namecalling edited

Moderator 9

The very fact that you do not know what an APS is is enough to cause concerns.

How can you be qualified to know that it is safe to leave it by-passed when you don;'t know what it is.

A rare occasion that I do agree with Bamber.. albeit slightly more politely.

Oh ffs. I just don't know how it works. That is why I am asking on here. It looks like nobody else knows either, as all I get are sarcastic comments. If you can't help, please move along!

Can't really be bothered to respond to bamber[edited - Mod 9]
Don't stoke the fire, FFS. :rolleyes:

What exactly does the APS do, and what is the danger of not having it working?
If it doesn't work then the boiler doesn't work.

The question you're really asking is: what is the danger caused by you fiddling with your boiler.

The answer is:
hanged.gif

Oh ffs. I just don't know how it works. That is why I am asking on here. It looks like nobody else knows either, as all I get are sarcastic comments. If you can't help, please move along!

Its name pretty much tells you how it works. If you can't work it out then you should not be fiddling with it simple as that.

If you are so k0ck sure of yourself why not phone CORGI or the HSE on Monday and ask them.

Or what about your insurance company.

Tell you what, why not get your missus online and let her see why three people (one of whom disagrees on principle with what Softus and I post) are both telling you the same thing.

Plank.

Oh ffs. I just don't know how it works.

That's what makes you incompetent, and it's that incompetence which means that you're already a criminal.

BTW, boiler is in the basement and we sleep three floors up, so not too worried about CO poisoning till I get the new switch. Anything else I am risking here though??

And a dangerous one at that.

Am relatively new to this forum and have never known the RGI's so adamant in their refusal to provide details.

Take a hint!!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back