Air - Sealed system

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Had my CH drained, treated and refilled 2 years ago.

Once back on, the system was bled a few times, the auto air valve or whatever it is did work as expected for large pockets of air.

After the first year, i bled the radiators, which i only really have to do once or twice a year, but when i do, pressure drops about 1/3rd of a bar.

Today i've done it again for the first time in 8-10 months, again pressure has fallen from 0.9 bar to 0.6 bar.

My pressure remains stable all year, only increased from around 1 bar to 1.3 bar when hot. Falls back again fine.

I don't want to keep diluting the inhibitor each year i have to do this. Keen to resolve.

P.S. It was treated with x800 and drained. Then from what i recall has the right amount of x100 and x200 left in. If i remember right, x200 is for kettling boilers. Mine has a slight kettling due to the idiots before who fitted the flow and return the wrong way and used it in this short cycling state for 10 years which built up deposits quicker on the heat exchanger.

System runs fine, apart form this air. And yes i've tried to ignite it and no it doesn't pop / burst, so i'm assuming its air and not gas caused by corrosion.

Sponsored Links
If you are only having to bleed every 10 months and the pressure stays stable for that length of time then I wouldn't worry about it. Even the best sealed systems can lose a little water over time through micro leaks etc. If you are getting some air out when bleeding then the pressure dropping by 0.3bar would be expected.

If your worried and have a mag filter or towel warmer then use one of those location to introduce some new inhibitor into the system.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back