Air vent valve

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
just had new boiler fitted and on filling system the auto bleed vale in the airing cuboard was venting lots of trapped air. problem is its now venting water not a lot but a pain in the airing room,can it be repaired or should I get plumber to replace it?

Sponsored Links
Try gently tapping it, could just be a bit of crud making it stick.

For how little they cost I would replace it if this doesn't work.

just had new boiler fitted
and on filling system the auto bleed vale in the airing cuboard was venting lots of trapped air. problem is its now venting water not a lot but a pain in the airing room,can it be repaired or should I get plumber to replace it?

if your boiler was fitted legally by a bonafide installer, call him back to rectify the fault, or call the manufacturer to repair the boiler under warantee.
Both options are free of charge. If the boiler is legal that is.

Sponsored Links
I don't think the manufacturer will be interested in a leaking aav in the airing cupboard if it isn't part of there appliance.

I get this sort of thing all the time, I just had a new boiler fitted and now my immersion has packed up so they call it in trying to get it changed under the boiler warrantee.

A couple of quid is all they cost I would just change it.

James

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back