Aircraft takeoff noises from boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a Sime Super 90 Plus boiler that is making these noises. Couple of months ago the noises were only sometimes when the boiler had started to give heat, then it would settle down. Now the noises are constant.
I did call a plumber out about 5 weeks ago before the noise was constant and he charged me £40 to tell me it was the 'ioniser' I think he said and I should just leave it. Now the constant noise is driving us mad. Has anyone any experience or suggestion of how to resolve this and the costs involved?
Thanks

Sponsored Links
Sounds good though doesn't it? :D

At least he gave the correct advise about the "ioniser" !! Just leave it.

Sponsored Links
The presure is fine. Actually, ioniser may not be the correct word but it was a word that sounds like it.

Fan replacement is CORGI job, especially if it sounds like ioniser.

The Sime 90 has a constant speed fan!

Does it make this noise ALL the time on heating and hot water or does it only do it when the flame comes back on again during a heating session?

Tony

The Sime 90 has a constant speed fan!

Does it make this noise ALL the time on heating and hot water or does it only do it when the flame comes back on again during a heating session?

Tony

It is when the flame is on during a heating session. Strange thing though, yesterday and today its been alright but it was there for days up till 2 days ago so i thought it was here to stay.
I'm puzzled...

Sounds like kettling as a result of a wrongly adjusted heating setting in the boiler.

Tony

Was the fan. Packed in today and someone came a replaced it for me this afternoon, £200.
Glad I argued and refused to pay the plonker who came to me a while back and told me it was the ***niser and to leave it alone, and he wanted me to pay £47 for the advice.

£47 would have been very cheap to diagnose the fault if he had been able to do so!

I am still surprised by the fan being the problem because the fan operates equally during hot water and heating and you seemed so convinced it was only during heating.

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back