Humming / whooshing noises from trv / rads

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I have recently had an ideal logic plus 24 boiler fitted with new piping to all existing rads apart from one in the kitchen and had new rad replaced in my living room . All the rads apart from the bathroom have TRV's on , however the trv valves continually hum / noises from the sound like the water going through them , the plumber has returned and bled the boiler and rads plus turned the water pressure down but still the noise continues so much so in the living room I can hear it over my telly . I have to constantly turn up or down the TRV to stop the noise after a while it comes back again and yet again I amend the TRV , I cannot turn the water pressure down any more and the plumber says he does not know what to do now .

Is this normal as the only radiator they never changed the pipes on in the kitchen has never and still does not give off this noise .

I originally had micro bore ( 8 mm ) pipes hence why I went to 15mm to match

Sponsored Links
Excuse my ignorance but how would I know if the system was balanced I would hope so since they spent a week doing the boiler and pipework , and where is the system lock shield .

Sponsored Links
Ok thanks - I have just emailed the company again as I am not happy that it makes this noise and cannot understand I have never had these problems with my old boiler

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back