Airing Cupboard Door....

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello all,

My Airing cupboard door has unfortunately been damaged.
It's size is 166.2 x 60
Knowone seems to know where i can get a door this size?
Aren't all airing cupboards the same size? I desperately need to replace it. It is a white 4 panelled door, very weak, not sure how else to discribe it. Any help would be greatly received.

Regards,

I read somewhere you can repair or by moulding kits for doors. Is this possible?

mod

moved as posted in wrong forum

Sponsored Links
MattPage said:
Hello all,

Aren't all airing cupboards the same size?

no.

you may have to get a chippy to make one to your specs if you cant find one "off the shelf" (or should that be off the hinge?)

Get a piece of 18mm mdf cut to size, pin a bit of moulding on it, paint it. Good enough for an airing cupboard?

Put a bit of moulding on it? No sure how you mean.

How much would a chippy charge for one of these doors?

Sponsored Links
MattPage said:
How much would a chippy charge for one of these doors?

depends how "elaborate the door is, how hard it is to do, going rate in your town, yak, yak yak, oh see item 9

Put a bit of moulding on it? No sure how you mean.

Mitre some moulding and glue and pin it to the face of the door about 100mm in from the edges. This gives the impression of a panel and adds some depth to the door. This would be a lot cheaper than having a panelled door made.
I suggest you visit a joiners shop with the size you need and ask them for a quote to make it.

Can you post a picture does the door have a woodgrain pattern on it, sounds like a John Carr cheapy, does it sound hollow when you tap it.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back