Airlock in BOTTOM of radiator????????

eac

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a radiator in my lounge that has a large cold spot in the bottom! The top of the rad gets red hot, but no amount of bleeding can sort out this cold spot. I did have the same problem a few years ago and a plumber charged me £100 and wouldn't say what he had done.

I have tried closing all the other radiators execpt this one and running the system but no joy!

Can anyone help??????

Sponsored Links
Sounds like a very unusual occurrence called heavy or 'inverted air' where a bubble of air fills with charged particles and sinks under the weight. The cure involves a team of nuclear physicists to remove and a swat team to prevent terrorists from making it into a bomb. Cost somewhere in the 3 billion area. Your plumber must have broken all the rules on nuclear waste to do it for £100.
Or its sludge. Remove and flush radiator or better still get the system looked at in case you need the whole thing chemically (not chemical ali) or power flushed. Also finding the cause or the sludge would be a good idea.

Similar response required on another post where a sink tap has been fitted but that does not work. Good post Blahblah.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back