AL 10 on Hotpoint Ultima SDW85 Dishwasher

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've heard it means the heating element is gone, but if I reset the machine, it goes most of the way through it's cycle before AL 10 comes back and it stalls there. From listening to it, it seems to fill up with water very slowly, but it also seems that it's not being spread around the machine at any velocity, and I'm not even sure if the jets arms are spinning. Any ideas?

Sponsored Links
Just to elaborate. When I set a cycle, the machine empties any water it's holding and then tries to fill up and spray water. It makes a choking noise like it's struggling. When I open the door, there is some water in the bottom of it and a choking sound from the back of the machine, near the top where water tries to get to the jets on the top arm. I think that water isn't getting there at all, but it is trying. Or at best, water is getting through but the arms are not spinning at all. It just doesn't sound right. If I leave it on it'll carry on for about 45 minutes to an hour before stopping with the AL10 error code.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back