Al-ko H 1600 S garden shredder

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
On the off-chance someone might have a solution...

Was shredding for a couple of hours last weekend, then the motor cut out. Replaced the fuse on the plug, but that wasn't the problem. It wasn't noticeably warm; it has overheated in the past but it normally restarts after half an hour.

So, I got round to opening it up this evening - the small box where the mains enters and the on/off dial is. The switch mechanism contains a couple of springs which, when you turn the dial, cause the mains pos/neg wires to link with the motor pos/neg (I guess the springs are a safety thing - effort to switch on, but easy to cut the power). There is a small sticker on the inner housing which says 9.5A, and there are obvious brown burn marks on two of the mains pins.

Can I repair this somehow?? Is it just a case of disassembling the inner housing and rewiring? I'm guessing I'm going to have to replace this '9,5 A' component which burned out -- although I can't see anything in there which looks obviously like a fuse

Sorry if this all sounds a bit confused. I will take it apart properly tomorrow and post some photos, it might be clearer

Thanks for the help

Sponsored Links
I got 2 of these but mines the 1300 , Theres a cut off switch so when u remove the lid it stops make sure the blades spin freely cos little twigs can jam it up. There was a thermal cut out that resets it's self on the motor. Can you get a continuity tester to check the pins and the switch.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back