Aladin Valves

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Guys

I recently had new Aluminium rads installed in the house and they all came with the Aladin automatic bleeding valve.

I wanted to find out if there any good as Im considering replacing the towel rad valves x3 and also the hallway rads x3 which is the vertical ones.

They take forever in releasing the air.

Any thoughts on these valves.....

Sponsored Links
They are a bit like taking asprin for a headache they cure the symptoms not the problem!

The air is a sign of problems and continual bleeding of rediators introduces fresh, oxygenated, water into the system, This fresh water will rapidly corrode the system.

I dont have any problems with continous air. At the moment due to loads of building work, the CH system has be drained quite regulary as the rads at being installed in stages, i.e. loft, first floor and then eventually ground.

Everytime the CH is drained, it needs to be refilled and the vertical rads and bath towel rad take forever in bleeding the sytem hence why I thought as all the other rads have the Aladin valves, why not add it to the othe rads which dont have it.

They let air out very slowly, after the initial fill they take IIRC around two hours to open up again to let any more air out (I suspect they may also take this long to let air in when draining down, not sure though), they're only guaranteed to keep working and not leak for two years which doesn't seem like very long to me.

Not a fan.

Sponsored Links
they leak, they don't work very well, essentially they're sh1te. remove them every time i see them, horrible things.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back