alarm bell box

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Evening all..
I live opposite a doctors surgery and when it is windy the alarm can go off randomly during the night at all hours..
I called the doctors and advised them of this and they called an engineer out who told them there was no notifications of the alarm being triggered..
Any ideas people on what's happening here??
Its not my registered doctors so I haven't been in and had a nosey at the panel to see what type it is etc..
I have noticed the bell rings for 20minutes and the next time it goes off it rings for 10minutes..
I suggested they check any doors or windows that rattle with the wind and that have contacts on but Engineer confirmed no issues with either door or windows

Sponsored Links
One would assume a doctor's surgery would have a professionally installed alarm. So the log should indicate which sensor had triggered the alarm. If there is no log entry then the system is not set up properly. If there is no notification to a key holder via a monitoring centre then that might be another fault or set up error.

There should be a key holder who should be notified when the alarm is triggered and they should attend the scene. You, as a nearby resident who is disturbed by the alarm, could askk if the surgery will give you the contact details of the key holder. Then the next time the alarm sounds you can try to ensure the key holder is informed since there appears to be no notification of the alarm going via the normal channels to a key holder.

I am not sure but I believe a key holder has to attend any suspected intrusion at a surgery due to the medicines and patient records being at risk.

Sponsored Links
The engineer needs his backside kicking?

if the panel is empty and the bell is activating, they need to look at the bell and what's going on.

is it definitely the bell for the surgery on the building next door if there is one.

I have flashed up and doing some tests.

got a comip and a com wifi and connect on either with wintex or the app or send signals out.

admittedly the way mine is setup now wouldn't be the way to go as I have 4 arcs programmed as part of some tests I am doing, using two accounts one lot over comip and second lot over comwifi.

but I would look at possibly dedicating 1 for the notifications and 1 for logging in possibly as you certainly can do that now but you need two modules. then at least there is a channel free to get access to the panel and you would get live notifications as your doing things.

Next time film it on your mobile , then go in and see them
I did this last night and emailed and called..they said the cleaners had been going in after surgery hours and not shutting a window or a door thoroughly which was activating the alarm..time will tell

The engineer needs his backside kicking?

if the panel is empty and the bell is activating, they need to look at the bell and what's going on.

is it definitely the bell for the surgery on the building next door if there is one.
Deffo the bell for the surgery..I'd imagine the panel does record fault logs..if it continues I will have a look when im around in daylight to see what type of system it is

window or door in the log if they have resulted in alarm activation, the bell itself going off when windy well that depends.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back