alarm box recommendations?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi everone. i am installing a ade accenta alarm system on my house and im looking for some alarm bell box recommendations! i am not in the trade, so if you can point me towards some that are available to me i'd appreciate it alot! im willing to spend quite a bit for a good box. i want it to have a strobe light and led's and it must be fairly easy to install. thank you!

also i would like to protect my garden shed with some kind of detector. how do i do this, where do i run the cable, and what kind of detector? the shed is right next to my house, but the panel is in the loft, so running straight into the lounge (right next to the shed) is'nt the best option. there is only one door on the shed with no windoes. thanks again!

Sponsored Links
reggarding bell box, why not go back to where you got the panel

regarding the shed, treat it as a room in your house (except get a duel tek)

Flashguard would do for you - cheap.

Other than that, Texecom or Cooper-Menvier are my favs.

Bellboxes... I'd go for either a Texecom Odyssey or Flashguard. Both are nice, reliable boxes. You can probably get the Texecom from where you picked the panel up from. For the Flashguard, I think Farnell do some. They have online ordering an sell to anyone. The Flashguard is a bit more expensive. Stay away from the Ventcroft Classic, ADE Sonade and Pyronix sounders. You'll probably get someone trying to flog you one cheap, but they're common as muck and cheaply made IMO.

Sponsored Links
Hi
Texecom alarm boxs are very good, i must have installed over 100 and never had a call back"Hope i am not jinxing myself".
They are well made and there is many diffrent size's and versions available.

Onesongrg

Thanks guys. I picked up the texecom odyssey 2 and its working very nicely. has any of you got any tips for locating the bell box? i was thinking upstairs external wall facing the road, inbetween the bedroom windows but i dont want any cables on show.

where ever is easiest, next you wll be asking us how to programme it

Try this:

4f19e227.jpg

There are, of course, a few other ways of doing it so there are no cables on show at all, but trade secrets should be kept that way IMO ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back