Alarm box shorting and making clicking noise

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
This has started a few hours ago. Very aware of not messing with the alarm late at night for sake of neighbours. Can anyone please advise whether the unset alarm will sound if we switch off at consumer unit. Am thinking to leave it shorting maybe fire hazard???? but don't want to do anything to set it off.

Thanks for any input.
Jon

Sponsored Links
Thanks for reply, it's a Veritas R8, approx 12 yrs old.
Noise is coming from Bell panel on front of house. Have been looking at forums for last hours and have read that similar problems been caused by water ingress. Would just like reassurance that we can go to bed and leave it until tomorrow. Have unset alarm and turned power switch off by main unit inside.

i would leave powered up for the time being. If its been in 12 years would suggest new battery in the panel & upgrading the bell box,

Is it an old style bell box ?

Sponsored Links
It is quite a flat style box, so maybe not too old fashioned looking. Will find someone to call in the morning, was just looking for some reassurance for tonight to allow us to finally go to bed. Just worried that it may be a fire hazard?

Cant see it being a hazard really, If its an newish bell box could have a battery so when the the control panel battery goes it will probably go into alarm. It should silence itself after 15 - 20 mins if it has a cut off in the bell box most new ones do, Does it look like this

work%20155.jpg

Thanks for your help. No, the box doesn't look like this. Have been trying to find an image picture on web but no joy. Have switched power back onto control box. Many thanks for your input. We will leave it now and sort it out tomorrow. Good night!

A pic would help, there is a make of bell box that in cold weather does exactly what you describe.
I thought these had all be taken down or the "Fix" applied. TBH the "fix" involved cutting a track on the Printed Circuit Board.

A pic would help, there is a make of bell box that in cold weather does exactly what you describe.
I thought these had all be taken down or the "Fix" applied. TBH the "fix" involved cutting a track on the Printed Circuit Board.

Nova 2 by any chance? :D

Oh young one, you have much to learn.
You are slowly getting there.

Underage drinking........................
You`ll be working for a national yet :evil: :evil: :evil:

£99 all in and 36 months @ £12.99?

Bet yale thinks I work for Aunty now :D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back