Alarm Contacts

Reaction score
Country
United States
I am changing my windows and the plan is to buy the Honeywell 940 window contacts with terminals. However, in one area I have 1 22/4 alarm cable, but I have 2 windows that are 4 feet apart. How would I wire a contact to the second window? Can I get a sensor with leads and connect it directly to the sensor with terminals? My house uses the red and black wires for the contact sensors and the green and white wires for the shock sensors, but for this window I just need the contact sensor. Any other suggestions? Thanks

Florida, USA

Last edited by a moderator:
Sponsored Links
How do I wire them in series with one sensor being with terminals and the other with leads? Can I connect the sensor with leads directly to the terminals of the other sensor along with the wires from the cable or do I need to pig tail from the cable to both sensors?

Sponsored Links
I have something similar in my house. I only had a pir in my back room but I wanted to add a mag switch on my patio doors but only had a 4 core cable going to the pir. From memory (and I'm going back more than 20 years) I simply run the pir and the contact wires in series. Obviously they are both on one zone and not on their own separate zones.

One sensor has two wires going back to the panel.

You have to undo one of those wires.

a new wire from that contact to the next one
Then the wire you removed connects to the other end of the new sensor.

lots of diagrams online about wiring sensors in series.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back