Alarm panel advice

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Im looking to fit an RFID panel system, I have only ever fitted keypad panels, The reason for wanting an RFID panel is that the householder wants an easy SET/UNSET option. As above I have no experience with the RFID "tag" and wondered how reliable they are etc etc. Also what are the popular brands.

Sponsored Links
What systems do you normally do?

reliable, define.

If set up and used correctly very reliable.

Thanks for the response, Im a pure DIY installer but have done a few now, probably all with the basic optima G4, Medusa PIR's and sometimes shock guards. No doubt the stuff you proffessionals dropped a long time ago ;).
Reliable....I meant as in arming and disarming regularly with no issues, as the homeowner doesnt want a code entry I though about these RFID hence the post.
Excuse my nievity but could RFID be added to an exsiting system, say my own Optima panel. i.e swapping my remote keypad with an RFID reader ?

Sponsored Links
if they have any in stock you may drop lucky, system is obsolete but the odd panel is knocking about and as your familiar it may be an easier starting point

Again thanks for the advice, im looking at a kit that includes the following, are the PIR's at least if not better than the good old texacom medusa's I have always used in the past.
  • 1x Premier 24 Poly Control Panel
  • 1x Premier LCD-P Prox Keypad
  • 3x Premier Capture PIR'
  • 5x Prox Keyfob

Not a fan of Texecom Capture range.
The locking mechanism is rubbish,would have been better with metal on metal fixings.

The capture fittings have been improved, the newer ones are more engineer friendly, I certainly noticed the difference,

Not sure what date code that change was made mind

Last edited:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back