Alarm system doorbell/door warning fault

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

We recently decorated and removed the doorbell chimer. Unfortunately, the wires were cut by mistake and blew the 1A fuse in the control box.

I have connected up the wires that I could see made sense, but we have two extra wires and I'm not sure where they connect to.

When I put a new fuse in, the chimer makes a siren sound, like an alarm.

The system is old 1999-2000. The doorbell hasn't been used for years as we have a wireless one, but we would quite like to get it wired up just for the front door warning chime, which did work fine.

Many thanks for any advice you can give.

IMG_0945.JPG
IMG_0946.JPG
IMG_0947.JPG
IMG_0948.JPG
IMG_0949.JPG
IMG_0950.JPG

Sponsored Links
That’s not a door bell ....it’s an alarm system and a ID Based one at that ...
I take it you have a keypad for the alarm ? And a code for it ?

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Thanks for replying. Yes, we have a keypad and code. I assumed the original setup was a doorbell wired in to the alarm system. And the bell was in the white box on the wall (it has a speaker in it) We no longer use the doorbell, but the front door warning chime is quite handy. Do you have an idea where the green and white wires go inside the chime box? Just to note, we also haven't armed the alarm system since this happened.

I was hoping to just connect everything up as it was and it would work.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back