Alarm System Texecom Premier 48

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi. I have just installed a Texecom alarm system, but when I try to arm it, I get the message Zone 1 & 2 are tampered. I have set these zones as exit/entry 1 & 2. These are the door contacts. All the other zones are secure. Have I wired the door contacts wrong. I have used the blue and yellow wires to the silver screws on the contacts where the contact wires are, and these are connected to the control panel blue to one alarm point and yellow to one tamper point. These are the only wires used.

Sponsored Links
Hi Europlex. Thanks for the reply, but forgive me for being thick, how should I wire the door contact, the wiring to the panel and link out the tamper circuits

You need a pair from the panel ZONE to the silver terminals, and a pair for the panel TAMPER to the door contact, and place both the cores under the same brass terminal (any of them).

Sponsored Links
Hi and thanks. But to a layman how do you do that. On the panel I have 2 alarm connecters and 2 tamper connectors. Please tell me which wires go to which on the panel and the door contacts.

Please don't take this the wrong way but I really think you should get an alarm company to do this for you.

Having such trouble with one of the easiest alarm wiring requirements does not hold out much hope for the future when the programming of quite a sophisticated control panel comes along.

Do you have the manual?
The Texecom manuals are well into the range of the most helpful.

Hi. This is how an electrician left it and said it was working. However he had not set up the zones or keypad etc. I have done all this but the system will not arm, and i have to sort it out myself. I have set up all the areas following the texecom manual but I am not 100% sure how to wire the contacts. I presume I have to wire 2 cores from the 2 alarm contacts individually to the silver screws, and 2 cores to any brass screw twisted together

This layman enough for you :)

2z8cjdh.png

Hi. Thanks very much, you are a star. Why the sparky only used 2 wires I don't know. I am going to wire it now and will let you know. Thanks again

Ah ah, let's hope that they haven't been wired this way then

End Of Line
Use this wiring configuration when connecting normally closed or normally open detection devices to the zone using 2-Wires. :LOL:

There is that - but if he is going to be re-doing the connections at the door contacts, he can ditch the resistors which have obviously been connected incorrectly anyway!

If using EOL, a single pair is connected to the outer two of the four terminals for each zone at the panel, and resistors are fitted inside the contacts.

Something like this. Not the easiest to do with these types of contacts.

10y4duo.png

Hi all. I used the original suggestion of 4 wires and I now have a fully working alarm system, thankyou all very much.
Craig :D :D :D

Out of interest, did you have resistors in the contacts that you had to remove?

Hi. There were no resistors in any of the pirs or the door contacts. Should there be and if so am I going to have problems. The pirs are wired into the 2 alarm contacts, the 12v and 0v and the 2 tamper connections, The rled and fta are empty. Each pir (5 of them) and the 2 door contacts are wired to the control panel in their own individual zones.

As an add on, it seems to work but I haven't fully tried it out yet but it does appear to arm. All the zones show up as secure, which they didn't before

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back