Alarms ? wired or wireless

I found the Risco website but I can't see any prices

what do you mean by graded?

all equipment sold now has to be certified as meeting a particular grade depending on reliabilty, how easy it is to defeat, power requirments etc.

grade one really isnt suitable for much more than protecting your rabbit hutch and of your charging for the install your trading illegally.

Sponsored Links
http://www.yalelock.co.uk/en/yale/couk/FAQ/Alarm-FAQ-Page/

hmm no mention of rabbit hutches here?

Why don't you call Yale and tell them yourself that they should only be used on Rabbit hutches.
Why don't you take Yale to court under the sale of goods act?

However you dont seem very bright as noone would actually alarm a rabbit hutch so its a silly suggestion.
I have alarmed outbuildings where people are breeding Chinchillas in cages to prevent animal theft but thats not quite a rabbit hutch is it?

Why don't you call Yale and tell them yourself that they should only be used on Rabbit hutches.

However you dont seem very bright as noone would actually alarm a rabbit hutch so its a silly suggestion.
I have alarmed outbuildings where people are breeding Chinchillas in cages to prevent animal theft but thats not quite a rabbit hutch is it?

your installing DIY graded equipment for money?

whats the name of your company? - the public need warning

You know the name Atilla

Sponsored Links
what do you mean by graded?

Two takes:
http://www.aviva.co.uk/risksolution...2-europeanintruderalarmstandardsv1amended.pdf
http://www.diy-alarms.co.uk/catalog/security_grades.php

grade one really isnt suitable for much more than protecting your rabbit hutch and of your charging for the install your trading illegally.

Can you point us toward the specific legislation which makes it illegal to install a grade 1 system for remuneration?

As I'm included in 'noone' (no one), I beg to differ.

Don't make such generalised statements when you don't know.

I've alarmed 3/4 rabbit hutches, all be it sheds with hutches inside (with DualTecs and contacts. I would suggest the value of what I was protecting would make you think you're in the wrong business, don't generalise, you're never right.

ps. I forgot the Active beam perimeter

Unluckily you have bought a Yale alarm and for some reason on this DIY forum you will therefore become an object of ridicule by people who have never even fitted or tested a Yale alarm.

l
On the contrary. We manufacturers always compare against other products. Not something you seem to have considered.

Can you point us toward the specific legislation which makes it illegal to install a grade 1 system for remuneration?

simple trading standard legislation more than covers it but you could look at PL insurance requirments too.

You know the name Atilla

ADT?

simple trading standard legislation more than covers it but you could look at PL insurance requirments too.
I don't see any link there, or the paragraph no. of an Act of Parliament.

Is that a "no" then?

I don't see any link there, or the paragraph no. of an Act of Parliament.

Is that a "no" then?

ah so now your you worried .............. are you charging?

If the customer orders and pays for a grade 1 system and you install a system to grade 1, then the customer has gotten exactly what he asked for. How does that make it a trading standards issue?

And what do insurance requirements have to do with the legality of somebody paying to have a grade 1 system installed? If the insurer doesn't recognize a grade 1 system as being adequate then that might affect the cover for the premises concerned, but that doesn't make it illegal for somebody to charge to install it. The installer's public-liability insurance also has nothing to do with it, since there's no requirement to be insured.

If the customer orders and pays for a grade 1 system and you install a system to grade 1, then the customer has gotten exactly what he asked for. How does that make it a trading standards issue?

And what do insurance requirements have to do with the legality of somebody paying to have a grade 1 system installed? If the insurer doesn't recognize a grade 1 system as being adequate then that might affect the cover for the premises concerned, but that doesn't make it illegal for somebody to charge to install it.

a commercially installed system has to have had a risk assesment ..... the risk assesment by definition will be minimum grade two, your PL insurance will not cover you for fitting non compliant with regs equipment

double whammy

a commercially installed system has to have had a risk assesment .....

And the legislation which says that is.....?

the risk assesment by definition will be minimum grade two

Why by definition? I'm not arguing whether grade 1 would be considered adequate or not by most people, ourselves included, but if the risk assessment showed that absolute minimum protection to grade 1 would be sufficient for the job, then why would that not be an acceptable result of that assessment?

your PL insurance will not cover you for fitting non compliant with regs equipment

Irrelevant even if so. You may not be covered by insurance, but that doesn't make the install illegal.

a commercially installed system has to have had a risk assesment .....

And the legislation which says that is.....?

the risk assesment by definition will be minimum grade two

Why by definition? I'm not arguing whether grade 1 would be considered adequate or not by most people, ourselves included, but if the risk assessment showed that absolute minimum protection to grade 1 would be sufficient for the job, then why would that not a valid result of that assessment?

your PL insurance will not cover you for fitting non compliant with regs equipment

Irrelevant even if so. You may not be covered by insurance, but that doesn't make the install illegal.

your not trade so its difficult to explain the whole "need to comply with British Standards" to ensure you stay within the law so you may want to start by getting a copy of the building regs which is a bit like saying " the highway code isnt actually a law" either

but trading without PL is illegal and thats a real issue.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back