Alhambra Plugs

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi i am cconsidering chaning the plugs myself as the car is hard to start ( needs many turns of the key?

Is it easy to do?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Hi no its a 1.9 TDi 130 ( should of been clearer sorry!)

In fact is it easy to service oil/air/fuel filters?

Heater plugs (glow plugs) are easy to change, but make sure you get a well fitting socket or spanner, as they can be tight to remove,
Price about £8 each, the new plugs will make a big difference.

Wotan

Sponsored Links
If you want to test your glowplugs, set a multimeter to measure low resistance.
With the power cable off, you should see a resistance of around one ohm on each plug.
With the meter set to over 12 volts, you should see around 12v (maybe 11) at each glowplug when the preheat lamp is on.
As above - a hexagon deep drive socket is essential to get these things out.
John :)

check the link i gave you for lots of info on these cars.lots of faqs in the technical section.

but do not forget to change the pollen filter aswell.this is often over looked EVEN at the dealers because its a pain in the wotsits to do :rolleyes: .

its a pd engine you have so YOU MUST make sure you use the correct specific oil for these cars,air filter will take all of a minute to change ;)
oil change is a P.I.A to do as it requires the under tray to be removed,UNLESS you have an oil extractor,this is the 1 i bought,
http://www.mptools.co.uk/products.asp?partno=104616
if you get 1 make sure you straighten the pipe before use,numbnuts here didnt and it curled out of the sump :cry: :LOL: so i was sucking air for about 5 days :oops: .
to do the oil filter you have to remove the engine cover and iirc you will find it next to the engine on the right,something like a 60mm socket is required?or a large pair of adjustables,but be careful its made of plastic.
any more questions just ask.

Back