Alpha 240 boiler

No of course i dont,but alpha;s(come on)and what i should have said was get rid get a flush and your ok,because alphas arent great and not cheap for spares

I don't think alphas are that bad, not the greatest yeh but not so bad i would replace it, Its hardly cost effective. You can't go round replacing boilers just cos they're not very good. As for flushing it depends on how bad it is. I've had plenty of partially blocked plate he's on systems that appear to be clean as a whistle, so a flush is often a waste of money. The magnaclean should do the trick nicely(provided its fitted in the right place ;) )

Sponsored Links
Maybe you do not know but there is a big brand name supposedly based on the Alpha. Good components and well built boiler.

Alpha is just a uk marketing organisation the boilers are made by Immergas. A huge European manufacturer Worcester factory wouldn't fit in their back yard.

getting on a little, but absolutely nothing wrong with it.

a little attention & it will be fine for years.

hI Crabb81

thnaks for your reply, Sorry to hear about the £250 bill. but a friend of mine, surguested to take the offer with British gas they are offering, for £13 a month they will maintain my boilder, service it once a year,parts & labour free of charge. I called them out yesterday, they came the same day. my problem was my Air pressure switch & and my DHW temperture senors. they are coming back on Monday with the parts to fit them. That will do for me.
long live British Gas. :D

Brummie

Sponsored Links
It's pot luck with BG I'm afraid, depends who you get, and whether they turn up, etc etc. They won't guarantee you against further sludge build up, which comes from your dirty system.

Now I know why my phone won't stop ringing. I'd just have taken the heat exchanger out and cleaned it, in all an hour, or maybe a bit over. If it's taken several years to clog up it'll take several more to do it again. New sensor? Maybe.

No I'm not advertising I'm too busy!

It's pot luck with BG I'm afraid, depends who you get, and whether they turn up, etc etc.
!

i agree, you stand roughly a 10% chance of getting a competent engineer with bg.

hI Crabb81

thnaks for your reply, Sorry to hear about the £250 bill. but a friend of mine, surguested to take the offer with British gas they are offering, for £13 a month they will maintain my boilder, service it once a year,parts & labour free of charge. I called them out yesterday, they came the same day. my problem was my Air pressure switch & and my DHW temperture senors. they are coming back on Monday with the parts to fit them. That will do for me.

Brummie

eon offer a better service according to "which?" magazine. . . . . .

hI Crabb81

Brummie

Woops those are two completely unrelated parts. Perhaps the actual fault requires yet a different part? Time will tell. Best get used to leaving a key out.

Good afternoon all

I have the same problem as OP. The boiler lights, gives hot water for 2 minutes and then cuts out, relights after 2 minutes and so on. I have had the heat exchanger changed to no effect and a new PCB has been suggested. I am reluctant as this is a 13 year old boiler and the part is well over £300 + fitting.

I have seen a suggestion that it could be a blocked venturi and/or and ASP(?)
Somebody says BG will fix it for a fixed charge of £160 - how does that work if the part is £350? Comments and advise most welcome!!!

Newbie Nick!!!!

Quote:- roughly a 10% chance of getting a competent engineer with bg.

Idiotic statement. :rolleyes: but thats par for the course.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back