Alpha 240 E Times

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
the timer is not working on our Alpha 240 E. I have been searching online for the same one, see pics but unable to find any. what is the alternative ?

Attachments

• 20231015_174159.jpg
    20231015_174159.jpg
    90.1 KB · Views: 37
  • 20231015_180909.jpg
    20231015_180909.jpg
    153.4 KB · Views: 36
  • 20231015_182630.jpg
    20231015_182630.jpg
    102.7 KB · Views: 45
Sponsored Links
There you go that will fit and a lot more reliable than the digital ones, congratulations in keeping that old girl going

Links in this post may contain affiliate links for which DIYnot may be compensated.
If you need heating till you get a new timer make a link between 3&5 on the existing timer

Last edited:
I replaced the timer with mechanical one and the boiler worked for 2 weeks then stopped again. I called a local gas engineer who came this morning and spend half an hour but could not get it working. however, when he put the cover on and played with the DHW and CH selector the boiler fired up. He charged me £90 but he siad "I'm sorry but I can't guarantee that boiler will keep running" . And does not know what he is done but he thinks it to do with thermostate selector or perhapse loose connection.
the boiler stopped working again this evening. I went there and switched it of and on, moved the selector to the DHW&CH to the off position then the the DHW only position, moved the timer selector to the continues position and the boiler fired again. it is very temperamental . any idea why it is behaving like this. it has been very good boiler up to now.

Attachments

• Alpha 240.jpg
    Alpha 240.jpg
    97.5 KB · Views: 28
Sponsored Links
is it just the CH it does this with or does it do with the HW too ?
both, simply does not fire unless we fiddle with the switches both timer and selectors, is it to do with the primary temperature sensor of CH or DHW?

both, simply does not fire unless we fiddle with the switches both timer and selectors, is it to do with the primary temperature sensor of CH or DHW?
Is it overheating?

Could be several things. Ian will know these boilers better than I do, await his response as it’ll likely be the issue. If it is the temp sensors, then they need checking out.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back