Alpha CB24/CB28 Hot Water Issue

I ended up changing both the diaphragm and the flow switch. The flow switch eventually sorted the problem.

The flow switch was seconds to change. The diaphragm took about 30 minutes and was a bit trickier. I changed the diaphragm first as I thought that was the problem but I couldn't find any evidence of damage to the rubber. So, I changed the flow switch too as I thought I just wanted the job sorted (no more cold showers!).

Good luck.

Sponsored Links
Well if youy'd read anyuthing I've writen about these boilers you would have known which part you needed and wouldn't have had to just throw parts at it until you got it right. Try using the search feature, it will save you money.

Thanks for the input. I did use the search feature but your words of wisdom didn't appear. I wasted about £15 which was a lot less than the £160 I was quoted by a plumber to do the job.

Sorry if you're upset about something.

I have just tested the flow switch (saddle) as suggested and it just remained in open condition. Whacked it around a bit holding on to the pig tails and it has unstuck its self to the normally closed position and clicks on and off. Thanks for the help in directing me to this on my CD24C.

Sponsored Links
This thread. although still totally relevant, dates back 10 years!

In fact during that time Chris Hutt who replied has sadly died!

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back