Alpha CB28 problems

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all

I have been having problems for a few months now.
In the summer hot water wasn't instant, it was hit and miss, could take turning on the hot tap twenty times before i'd get any hot water. The plumber changed the diaphram, was ok for a few weeks then the problem started again, so the same plumber changed the switch.
Was ok for a few weeks, then we'd get hot water but it would go cold mid flow, the pilot was going off. This happens most od the time now, although sometimes there is no problem.
Also, the heating is a bit of a problem too, the radiators come on, but the wireless thermostat that the plumber fitted never achieves the temperature that I have it set to (22 degrees) very lucky if it reaches 18. When the heating is on the pilot comes on, goes off, comes on, goes off etc.

Any ideas/advice gratefully received.

Thanks
dingodingo

Sponsored Links
If the diverter valve is ok it could well be the Hot water thermister and if i remember rightly it is in a wet pocket.

If a thermister is at fault I would go for the primary one.

Sadly though as this is behind the combustion chamber cover, this should really be looked at by a RGI.

These boilers have a nasty habit of needing new case seals when the combustion chamber is removed, so please don't do this yourself.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back