alpha he33 blowing glass fuses

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi all i need some advice, i am an electrician and i have a fault on my boiler the boiler goes to fire up and then blows the 2amp glass fuse on the incoming mains connector block! my first thought was the fan so tested and is fine then tested the air switch that is fine however if i take the feed for the fan out of the pcb the fuse is fine the boiler wont kick in as the fan is off but the fuse is fine. i have tested all external wireing and its ok i have also tested the pump and that is fine, my boiler is 2.5 years old and it is a Alpha he33 any advise or help would be well recieved as said i am a.very competent electrician but due to the cost of parts i would like to make sure on this one
cheers[/img]

Sponsored Links
Quite apart from the problem that a DIYer dhould not even be accessing the fan let alone changing it.

The same applies to those PCBs which have gas settings on them!

Tony

I haven't fitted any parts.
My boiler installer has tested these parts (with spares)
Just seen the above post I thought before he starts spending on parts not needed, someone might have an easy answer.

Not only is it an old post, you are actively encouraging people who may not be competent to fiddle about inside the combustion chamber and even worse to link out a safety device, which is riddor reportable and immediately dangerous, not a good thing to post if you ask me.

Sponsored Links
Not only is it an old post, you are actively encouraging people who may not be competent to fiddle about inside the combustion chamber and even worse to link out a safety device, which is riddor reportable and immediately dangerous, not a good thing to post if you ask me.

I Agree

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back