Worcester 24 CDI

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi i have been to a job today the problem is when the boiler is on DHW or C/H within 5 sec of turning the boiler on the 2amp fuse in the PCB blows.!!
I have gone though around 6/7 now.
My first thought was that the fan was faulty but i have changed it but still the same problem.......
second thought maybe the pump as the pump and fan are the only high voltage items all the rest are low voltage...but the pump is running fine..
CAN ANY ONE PLEASE HELP
CHEERS

Sponsored Links
it can not be that becouse its low voltage the fault must be on either the fan or pump i would have thought also thought board was damp but warmed it though still the same problem

Sponsored Links
What part of the start up/ignition sequence is it getting to.

demand...pump running....fan running...aps made....ignition sequence..etc

pump running.... aps ok.....fan starts to run then the fuse explodes does not get to ignition?????????

Try with the GV disconnected. Not logical at low voltage , sure, but something isn't logical here!

have you checked condition of wires to fan? Are they shorting somewhere?

gas4you said:
have you checked condition of wires to fan? Are they shorting somewhere?
Checked wires all seem fine got continuity and all wires fully insulated....when the fuse blows it really does go with a bang it's not just poping

lee1976 said:
...but the pump is running fine...
This doesn't mean that it's not the pump, but it sounds more like PCB fault.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back