alternative heating systems

njm

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i live on an all electric estate and ran heating off storage heaters, but to be honest, the are going getting took out because they are old and basicly unreliable

i just wondered if any body had any reasonable alternative heating systems for a house which cannot recieve gas

thanx

Sponsored Links
Well you have a traditional heating system with radiators and indirect cylinder. The Amptec boiler comes in various outputs and is essentially a dirty big kettle. But the system works like it would with a gas boiler.

It heats the water that is circulated round the system.

You could also look at thermal storage where a very large cylinder is heated using immersions (possibly taking advantage of economy seven). This heat is then stored and deceminated in various ways - Gledhill made them before they went belly up recently. I am not sure if the manufacturing arm is still operating.

Sponsored Links
It is unusual for storage heaters to be unreliable. The best option would be to replace the heaters. The maintenance costs are much lower than other heating methods, and you do not inflict yourself with the problems of wet systems.

If anyone wants to check on the problems of wet systems, just trawl this forum.

Came across this recently. Has Bigburner written all over it.
Well its close on 60kw. :LOL:
Note the chair. That's for the dude sitting down trying too figure out what the 200 odd parameters in the controller are for.

PICT0001-2.jpg

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back