ALTERNATOR REPLACEMENT

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
HELP NEEDED PLEASE. I NEED TO CHANGE THE ALTERNATOR ON A 1996 VAUXHALL CORSA 1.4 (AUTO). HAVE ANY MEMBERS CARRIED OUT THIS JOB ON THE CORSA AND ABLE TO GIVE ME ANY IDEAS OF WHAT IS INVOLVED AND HOW DIFFICULT THE JOB IS. THANKS IN ADVANCE.

Sponsored Links
I've only done the one, and unfortunately I can't remember which engine it was, other than it was petrol.
Access is tight but possible, and I had to remove the wheel arch liner from the offside to access the bolts and the belt tensioner.
The alternator came out from underneath, and I had a friend just to heave the engine over on its mountings a fraction just to give it enough clearance.
John :)

In 'forum talk' capitals amount to shouting and bold would probably be screaming'.

Just as easy, or maybe easier, to read in normal print!

Thank you for your reply Burnerman I will bear all your comments in mind when carrying out the task.
AlanE sorry if I offended you in anyway but if I did it was totally unintentional I was as polite as I thought I could be in my text but will bear in mind your comments about capitals. ~ easyrider44.

Sponsored Links
Not offended in any way, others may be, just pointing out general forum etiquette.

No problem really but it does grate a bit when the typing differs from the norm.

Peter

Back