Am I being fussy?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Ordered 2 sets of French doors.

Fitted one set and noticed the glass looks warped? Like a line vertical 100mm in each side from there it seems to have a warped effect on the glass?

Supplier told me this is an effect on 2 pieces of glass together yet the other recently supplied french doors upstairs don't have this issue?

Secone issue being the French doors are 5mm shorter than the fixed units each side all should be the same height.

Was told the plastic stretches in factory and just a tolerance issue?! And to losensure the 5mm gap with silicone? My only issue being is the height of the inside frame will be 5mm lower at the top in comparison to the French doors if u catch my drift.

I'm not happy about either issue and want it all replaced Im being given the impression I'm being awkward and fussy here. Thoughts appreciated!

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back