IMG_20180316_174931.jpg
    207.2 KB · Views: 217
  • IMG_20180316_174924.jpg
    IMG_20180316_174924.jpg
    202 KB · Views: 202
  • IMG_20180316_174836.jpg
    IMG_20180316_174836.jpg
    196.9 KB · Views: 197
Another question is do i silicone round the base of the toilet now its complete.

The previous owner tiled downstairs bathroom and noticed he didn't do it + brother in law's tiler didn't do there's

I'm going to silicone round the sink at the top & underneath the basin

Attachments

• IMG_20180318_184527.jpg
    IMG_20180318_184527.jpg
    232.8 KB · Views: 149
You have to do a careful job of siliconing round the toilet base or it looks crap. I’ve only installed 2 toilets (diy) and siliconed both. Thought of water or poor aim getting under and festering might cause a pong!

Sponsored Links
You've done a far, far better job than the paid professional did. Nobody will sit in there wondering how long it took you; they'll just see how good/bad a job has been done.

For putting silicone around the toilet base, I used the Fugi kit (Google Fugi silicone kit). I used to use masking tape which I peeled off to get a clean line, but this makes it a lot easier and will work well around the base. Good for doing around the bath as well.

You've done a far, far better job than the paid professional did. Nobody will sit in there wondering how long it took you; they'll just see how good/bad a job has been done.

For putting silicone around the toilet base, I used the Fugi kit (Google Fugi silicone kit). I used to use masking tape which I peeled off to get a clean line, but this makes it a lot easier and will work well around the base. Good for doing around the bath as well.

I bought a similar kit off amazon just not sure if i should do it or not as i think it looks quite good atm.

Just doing the last bathroom had a nightmare with a dodgy pan connector which was leaking then the toilet fill valve leaking :mad:

I'd do it if I were you. Stops any condensation, etc. running into the gap between the tiles and toilet.

Controlling water in bathrooms isn't fun at the best of times.

I siliconed round our toilet to stop water getting underneath.

I use either fugi kit or finger and masking tape depending on situation.

Siliconing is a knack and takes practice.

Seems I've another problem now.

Grout around the bath front has cracked already doesn't help with the plastic front of the bath which is so flexible.

Any tips on what I could do to sort this? Grey silicone? Wooden bath panel would cost a few £££

Attachments

• IMG_20180323_114652.jpg
    IMG_20180323_114652.jpg
    196.2 KB · Views: 155
  • IMG_20180323_114649.jpg
    IMG_20180323_114649.jpg
    176.8 KB · Views: 181
The grout wasn't pushed down far enough to be stable. Needs scraping out and redoing.

I'm just going to buy my own grey grout and mix it myself,not sure which brand he used so hoping there's not much colour difference

Mate suggested a MDF bath panel as the acrylic one constantly moves

Last edited:
Depending on how flexible it is you may be able to pull the panel forward slightly and pack behind the screws. If the panel sits behind very thick tiles it may be tricky though.

I tend to tile under the panel and then refit so there is a clean edge.

Depending on how flexible it is you may be able to pull the panel forward slightly and pack behind the screws. If the panel sits behind very thick tiles it may be tricky though.

I tend to tile under the panel and then refit so there is a clean edge.

It's very flexible it doesn't sit right at the top & it's dropped slightly,it's constantly moving

He didn't tile under the bath.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back