Am I missing something!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I don't get it! Laminate flooring, real wood flooring, engineered flooring basically any flooring that clicks together. There is always some numpty pictured on the packet with a big cheesy smile assembling this so called easy to install flooring "just one click and its in". Give me tongue and groove any day over this sh**e I would rather break my back secret nailing than try and click this crap together. Sooooooo looking forward to next week where I am doing a 30 sq metre conservatory in the baking heat with no less than easy to install one click and its in flooring, "Gor give me strength.

Sponsored Links
What are you complaining about 30m2 in a square room is about 2 hours work maybe 2 1/2 - 3 hours if you are slow any longer than that you are in the wrong job.

How long would it take to do the same area in solids and then you have the added problem with the extra expansion and contraction in a conservatory with solids as they do not like big changes in temperature.

Solids in my experience are way to difficult to maintain and costly both to buy install and maintain where a decent quality laminate is a fit and forget for the next 20 years.

What are you complaining about 30m2 in a square room is about 2 hours work maybe 2 1/2 - 3 hours if you are slow any longer than that you are in the wrong job.

How long would it take to do the same area in solids and then you have the added problem with the extra expansion and contraction in a conservatory with solids as they do not like big changes in temperature.

Solids in my experience are way to difficult to maintain and costly both to buy install and maintain where a decent quality laminate is a fit and forget for the next 20 years.

LOL laminatepro LOL

What do you find funny will2000 the estimate of the time or the comments about real wood. the last job I was on was 32 m2 with 2 doors and took 2 hours 15 minutes start to finish including terminating beading and fitting door bars for a reasonably square area this is the norm though the room in question had a fireplace wall that stuck out from the rest of the room. Halls and kitchens take a lot longer due to the extra cutting involved.

Sponsored Links
Or is it just my blunt style of stating the obvious can you tell that I am not a big fan of solid wood flooring [removed] crap stuff scratches and dents if you even look at the [removed] stuff it separates with temperature changes and generally looks knackered within a very short period of time after fitting.

--------------------

Swearing removed

Moderator 9

that is pretty quick mate!

Me personally, i dont like laminate! I prefer real wood but engineered at that. My first choice would be karndean tho. Stable, easy to fit, durable, easy to repair and looks 100 times better than laminate. Some nice boarders too!

We are talking laminate flooring and not chipboard tongue and groove flooring, I reckon I could lay that in and hour in a 30m2 room!

As it was it took me all day, but I did have to move all the furniture all the plants the bang olufsen tv and the carpet the under lay and the gripper rods, before I could start. Then I had to take off three doors and plane 7mm off of the bottom of them and replace. Then do the scotia trim with angles of 10 - 15 -22.5 - 45 degrees. I think I did rather well! Pat on the back for me!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back