Am I the only one who can't spool a strimmer?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Flipping sodding thing. Is there a technique, or even recommended direction, to spool a strimmer head?

It's a Ryobi (generic, I presume) alt-03: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Ryobi-Expand-It-Line-Trimmer-Attachment/dp/B001SN8OBK

I've had it two years and have so far just put up with its foibles but I must admit that it's starting to poo me off.

Fun results include;

1) Doesn't spool at all so I wear it down to 3mm of cable then have to open it up and manually pull another 8" out
2) Spools so quickly that a full re-spool is used up after literally three minutes
3) As an added bonus fun-joke, a combination of the two, where one half performs trick #1 and the second performs trick #2

I presume that all of this is is down to one simple flaw in my loading; that there is a specific direction to spool each half of the cassette. Unfortunately, I'm not bright enough to figure that out on my own.

Appreciate the inflow of wisdom!

Sponsored Links
I thought those had arrows on them saying what way to load it.

And to get more wire in sure you push in the middle and twist.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back